Saturday, May 2, 2015

My Favorite Things- Vintage Tablecloths

I inherited several of my grandmother's vintage tablecloths.  She had a lot of them that my mom inherited, and in turn, my siblings and I inherited.  We all got several.  I remember her table well and her cheery kitchen.  I didn't do it consciously, but I can see that I have imitated her in how I've decorated my own kitchen. I love that old-fashioned kitschy style.  I googled to find out how to care for vintage tablecloths and found there is almost a "cult" of people who love them, collect them, etc.  I copied several pictures from websites.  I love them all.  This is my style. Just look at these delicious stacks of vintage tablecloths:







Here's one that I inherited from my Grandma Peterson:


 We just keep one on our table all the time.  In the background is a quilt she and my Grandpa made, too (and one my sister, Joan made for me)

Vintage tablecloths- one of my favorite things.  Click here to see other of my favorite things.

5 comments:

sara cardon said...

Cute!! I love how all that retro stuff comes back. You have always had one of my favorite kitchens because I love red-- and yours is such a happy place!

Joan Morris said...

I love all your vintage tablecloths. What a happy thing. I never realized it was because of Grandma Peterson's kitchen. Now all you need is a little chicken that lays marbles.

Pam said...

I loved that chicken! And do you remember the white cat with the glittered inner ears (that soon turned black)? Grandma let me glitter up her house one summer. Your tablecloths and your kitchen are so cheery and homey, Kay!

Kay Hinton said...

Yes and the hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil monkeys. And was it a lightning man?

Pam said...

It was a General Electric man- an advertising toy of their icon, I think. I had forgotten all about that. Good memory!