Thursday, May 14, 2015

A Guide to the Birds of East Africa

A Guide to the Birds of East AfricaA Guide to the Birds of East Africa by Nicholas Drayson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


The title would suggest that this is a reference book. It is, instead, a delightfully written novel. The writing style is truly unique. It’s almost as if the reader is part of a group on a tour and the narrator is the tour guide- showing and telling you what’s happening. I loved the main character, Mr. Malik. I add him to my list of literary heroes. He is quiet, private, full of integrity, full of passion for what is right, and secretly in love. Living in a corrupt environment, he is making a difference in his quiet way. I loved the story, the humor (it’s laugh out loud funny at times), and the education on the birds of Africa. I will miss the characters (well, most of them) and can only hope there is a sequel.



View all my reviews

No comments: