Thursday, January 15, 2015

A Pre-Christmas Visit

A couple of weeks ( the 12th) before Christmas, Michelle gave me Such a nice surprise.  I knew their family was coming in on Friday night, leaving after Brian got off work.  Brian was then going on to SLC the next morning with Gabbi for a mega Daddy'Daughter date.  He had a acquired tickets to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert with the Muppets.  Because Michelle is nursing, she wouldn't be able to go to the concert, so she decided to stay here with us for the weekend with her two boys.  That Friday morning, our Keynote group had two performances at rest homes- one at 10:00am and one at 11:00am.  We did the 10am one and we were at the 11am one, just getting set up when I looked up and there was Michelle and her children, come to listen to us. Surprise!!! I was SO surprised!  She had found out from Ken where we were singing and surprised me!  It was so wonderful.  I told the Keynotes- now you have to do good!  (they always do)  That was so sweet of her to do.   It was a sweet performance, especially because Gabbi couldn't resist the urge to get up and dance to a couple of our numbers.  It was so spontaneous and sweet.  Brian came in his car as planned that evening.   We enjoyed being together for the weekend.  We ventured out on Saturday evening and walked around the temple and visitor's center and then drove around looking at the pretty Christmas lights.  Meanwhile, Gabby and Daddy had a marvelous time with the choir and Muppets and Grandma and Grandpa Prince.  







Thank you for the happy memories and for the wonderful surprise!

4 comments:

Joan Morris said...

What a fun surprise! I think I read that same book to Sara's kids when I was in North Carolina.

Pam said...

I know Michelle must have loved your performaance - the Keynotes sounded fabulous in your Christmas program! How wonderful to have their family with you during part of the holidays!

Pal & Hatty said...

How fun that they surprised you at your performance! I'm sure that the people there enjoyed the added attraction of Gabbi dancing - how cute!

Michelle said...

No, thank YOU for hosting us! It is a true vacation for me . .. you take such good care of us and entertain my kids. I'm totally spoiled!