Friday, April 4, 2014

Raising Up a Family to the Lord

Raising Up a Family to the LordRaising Up a Family to the Lord by Gene R Cook

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I’m kind of cheating saying I’ve read this book because I didn’t really read the whole thing. We read it for our family book club, so I thoroughly read my two assigned chapters and reported on them and I read or skim- read the rest. Elder Cook gives lots of good ideas and examples- practical advice. Since he raised his family (as did I) a while ago, some of the examples are outdated, but the principles still apply. The book generated a great discussion for our book club. I didn’t agree with some of the book- especially the chapter on teaching children about work and finances. I guess that illustrates that there is more than one right way to raise a family. Advice: Skip (or skim) Chapter 1. It may discourage you from reading the rest.



View all my reviews

No comments: