Sunday, April 20, 2014

35 Weeks and Still Counting!!!

This poor blog has turned into a book review blog.  It's really hard to blog from an ipad, so I wait until I'm home. I'm home for a few days now.  Shonna is at week 35 in her pregnancy and still doing fine.  Baby Girl Cameron is showing signs of wanting to come, but, so far, so good.  It's been an interesting few months of living in two places and trying to keep both homes up and running.  I am just so grateful that I am in a position that I can help.  I see how the Lord has blessed that little family.  I've loved getting closer to my precious grandchildren.   They are cute and funny and, I'll admit, exasperating at times.  What kids aren't?  But I love them and miss them when I'm home.  Let me see if I can capture the highlights of the last few weeks/ months?  I don't know- however long it's been.

 On Wednesday,  the 9th, Joan came for a nice visit. She left Boise at about 7am.  We met up at the Logan cemetery and decorated my parents graves after the kids got out of Joy School at 11:30am.

Lily, watching for the return of the scary lawnmower.  




  It is such a lovely cemetery.  A young girl was driving a huge ride- on lawnmower while we were there, which frightened little Lily to death.  So I had a barnacle attached to me the whole time we were there.  It was a sweet little barnacle, though. . . and very kissable.  I tell her when I kiss her that I’m leaving a “grandma mark” so now she says it.  “You left a  Grandma mark on me, Grandma.”  She’s impossible to resist.
 Shonna came along for the ride.  I’m afraid it caused contractions that afternoon.  She had been having a lot before, too, so maybe that’s just what her body is doing.  But I felt bad. I just wanted her to have a little outing.  Anyway, Joan followed us to Shonna’s house after, and we had taco salad, quesadillas, strawberries and the traditional scotcharoos for lunch.  Joan is now on the BYU alumni board.  She was on her way to her first meeting in Provo and had to be there by 4:30.  So she left Logan about 2:15.  It was so fun to spend a few minutes with her.  Caleb and Lily loved her.  Ever since, Lily has been pretending she is Aunt Joan and Caleb pretends he is silly Uncle Tom. 
During this bed rest, the Camerons have been finishing their basement, so we've had workers in and out.  It  is all but done. It is just beautiful.  They have set up a fun play room down there that Caleb especially loves.  One afternoon, Caleb was down there a LONG time, so I went to check on him.  He was hiding his little, colorful pom poms and then finding them again- like an easter egg hunt.  I taught the FHE lesson on Monday evening where we did an Easter egg hunt.  He remembered that.  So he was hiding them himself and then finding them.  . . makes for a high success rate in finding them!  So I played a few rounds with him.  He is so cute and loves his play room- especially if he can lock the door and have it to himself.  He is really into door locking, and it’s caused some tense moments.  I’ve become quite proficient at lock picking. . . and I didn’t even have to go to prison to acquire the skill!  Just had to hang with Caleb for awhile!!  Boys like girls with skills.
  He and I had a fun “Grandma date” to the library one afternoon.  He had a fun time, but was so worried that Lily didn’t get to go (she was napping.)  “I wish Lily was here cuz this is fun.” He’d say.   I joked with them a lot about “Grabbing a hamburger and then heading to St. George” whenever we’d get in the car.  Lily was all for the adventure, but Caleb always protested loudly that he didn’t want to go to St. George.  I think he understood better what leaving his parents would be.  The day I left, Lily was all for sneaking in my car and going with me.  She’d come up to me and tell me she wanted to sneak.  She even told Shonna goodbye.  “But I’ll really miss you.”  “I’ll come back tomorrow!”  She teased. One day, when I was buckling her in her car seat, she told me "I'm in heaven."  "Oh, really?  How did you get there?"  "I went to Sam's Club and then to China, and then I got to heaven."  So, there you have it!  You now know how to get to heaven.  


4 comments:

sara cardon said...

Hang in there Shonna and Grandma Kay!! She is almost there. Those kids sound so cute and fun. From one daughter to a nice grandma who comes to help, you are definitely earning your reward in heaven. There's nothing like knowing your mom is there to hold down the fort!

Joan Morris said...

Those are cute little kissable grandkids. It was so fun seeing them and you and Shonna and Shonna's cute house. You are definitely earning your reward in heaven.

Pal & Hatty said...

Shonna looks so cute - I'm glad that she has made it to this point! It is because of your help and care and lots of prayers too! I'm so glad that you decorated the graves - next year I will join you! Cute grand kids - and soon you will have another sweet granddaughter!

Pam said...

So glad for am update on their sweet family. You have been a tremendous help so that this sweet miracle can happen.They are in our prayers.