Monday, May 7, 2012

Nedje's Gratitude Concert

Last evening, Ken and I attended our friend, Nedje's Gratitude Concert.  You may remember I blogged about Nedje last year.  I met her at the pool last year and found we had much in common.  She has a Master's Degree in vocal performance.  She taught at a community college: voice lessons and a Humanities Course: The Influence of African Americans upon American Music.  She came to Keynotes a couple of times last Spring and helped us with our spirituals and jazz numbers.  She went back to Maryland last summer, but just kept thinking about southern Utah and was drawn back here.  So she came out again this year.  Her fondest desire is to get a part at Tuachan.  She's tried out both years, but so far hasn't got a part. She felt like she would like to present a concert to say thank you to friends she's met while living here.  There were about twenty of us in attendance- held at the casita  she is renting.  She presented a variety of beautiful songs- everything from opera to pop.  She has a gorgeous voice and amazing stage presence and drama.  It was a treat to hear her and to mingle with her other guests.  I am amazed at the quality of people that she's accumulated as friends in the short time she's been here.  I wish Nedje well and hope her every dream is fulfilled.
I'm sad I forgot to take my camera to the concert.  I just took some pictures of her beautiful program when I got home:  



6 comments:

Shonna said...

I'd love to meet her; she sounds like such a pleasant person.

sara cardon said...

How fun! Sounds like an amazing experience!

Pam said...

Oh, Kay, that sounds like a beautiful experience! If ever she comes/performs in St. George again, I would love to meet/hear her!

Pal & Hatty said...

She sounds like a most interesting and talented person - friends enrich our lives in so many ways! I'm glad that you were able to attend her concert - I am sure that meant a lot to Nedje.

Joan Morris said...

I'm happy to finally see Nedje. I've heard you talk about her often. I hope she lives her dream and is able to do Tuacahn someday.

Kristen Mackrory said...

Oh Yay! There is a picture of her. As I started reading I thought, "Man, I hope there is a picture of this friend that I keep hearing about. I would love to be able to picture her." Now I can! It sounds like it was a great concert!