Saturday, December 20, 2008

Adventure at Midnight!

What were you doing last night at midnight? While you were wasting time sleeping, Jared, Kristen, and I were being guided on an adventure with Brielle! Much like that time when we visited her house (see previous blog- Pretending With Brielle), Brielle went into pretend mode and away we went on high adventure. And what was she doing up at midnight, you ask? Here's how it happened: Kristen, Jared and I watched a movie, and Brielle came out during it. She knew she was supposed to be in bed asleep, but when asked why she wasn't asleep, she said she tried, "but it just isn't working so very well." So, when the movie ended around midnight, I think she realized she had to be extremely cute and entertaining or she'd be whisked off to bed. So she kicked it in high gear, and suddenly we were on an adventure of a lifetime. First she packed a picnic in the pretend picnic basket, filling it with ice cream, cupcakes, and other delicious foods. She put it in the "back" then told us to come in from playing in the "back ard" (yard) and buckled us in our seats. She climbed up on the chair and first drove us to the store because, "Oh, dear, we forgot the drinks" She told us to stay in the car and she ran in the store bought the drinks and came back out. Where are we going, Brielle? "Well, first we're going to the jungle for a picnic, then we're going to Mystery Island (pronouced Mister Island). She drove us along until suddenly she slammed on the brakes and exclaimed, "Oh, no, we forgot your shoes! We've got to go back and get them!." That was my favorite part. She was SO intense! She then drove crazy and fast back to get our shoes, and ran in and got them, then pretended to put them on us. At one point, I tried to sneak food out of the picnic basket, but got in big trouble. "We don't have our picnic until we get to the jungle, Grandma!" Before we could finish the adventure, all three adults were completely out of gas, so she had to finish her adventure in dreamland! How I love this creative, and imaginative child!!! I wonder where we'll go on our next adventure? I'll keep you "posted."

3 comments:

Blake said...

That was the best story EVER! I sure hope we get to participate in some pretending when we come to visit.

Joan Morris said...

I love Brielle's imagination and I'm so impressed that the tired adults went right along with it. What a fun story.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Hi! My name is Heather. I saw your comment on Kristen's blog and I thought I would come comment to you about what a WONDERFUL mother you must be to have raised Kristen. She is one of my favorite people in the whole world. I feel SO richly blessed to have been her neighbor and friend. Thanks for having and raising her. I think you did such a great job that I am thinking about shipping my 5 children to you to raise too!!!

Once I came to your site I saw your blog about Brielle and HAD to read it. She is what happens when you mix personality and beauty. And NATHAN. He is precious. I love that he looks like his mommy. Good stuff. Well, thanks for letting me intrude!!!