Thursday, October 17, 2024

Grace at Schlotzkes

 We love Branson.  There are so many good Christian people in that town.  One day we went to Schlotzky's for lunch.  I ordered a sandwich to go.  They had a condiment cart.  I opened my hot sandwich to put some vinegar on the sandwich and the sandwich fell off the paper all over the floor.  I was so embarrassed.  I went and told them and a young girl immediately came out and started cleaning it up.  One of the owners came out and talked to me and said they would make me a new sandwich.  I thanked her profusely.  Her reply, "We receive so much grace every day, we need to give grace to each other."  Tears sprang to my eyes.  When she brought out the fresh sandwich, I thanked her again and asked if I could give her hug.  She said, "You sure can."  She then gave me, a long, tight hug.  When I started to pull away, she pulled me in again.  It was the sweetest exchange.  Though still embarrassed, we left with a delicious sandwich and a feeling of joy.


No comments: