Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Happy Halloween!!!

 I love Halloween.  I love having a day that we celebrate children.  Children love Halloween.  They love dressing up.  They love the candy.  They love the parade.  They love the excitement.  I don't like the dark side of Halloween, but I love the light, happy side- the part where children are celebrated.

Knowing how I feel, each Halloween, our family shares many pictures with us of their festivities.  I can't get enough!  Here are some of this year's jewels.


Jaron was milk . . .

and Gabbi was a cookie!
A pretty great combo, I would say!

Kenny was a banana

And William was popcorn.  What a delicious family!


Oh, and Michelle was a delicious-looking doughnut.  What a cute group! Here, William was one of the Kratts brothers.  He kept changing his mind.

The Prince kids decorated Halloween cookies.

Our tradition since my kids were little is to make Halloween soup for dinner on Halloween.  All three of our daughters are continuing the tradition.  This is Michelle's delicious pot-full.








I know when my kids were little, one of the best parts of Halloween is the sorting that takes place after you get home from trick-or-treating. The kids sent some cute sorting pictures.


Shonna had a busy day on Friday before Halloween, helping put on parties in a couple of her kids' classes and eating lunch with all of them.  Such a great mom!

The parade.  Hannah is the prettiest witch! 

Yes, Lily is a cookie, too.  Michelle found the costume and knowing how much Lily LOVES cookies bought one for Lily too.  It is the perfect costume for her.  She is our little cookie queen.

And Caleb was milk, too.

Anna and Olaf at the school party.


Kristen knocked herself out making "How to Train Your Dragon" costumes for her kids.  They turned out so stinkin cute and you can see in their faces how much the kids loved them.




Elisabeth was an adorable, little dragon

So scary!



Always expressive Samuel





These dragons practiced  their fire breathing.

Audrey

Jake




I don't know the movie, so I don't know what Nathan and Bria were.  But the costumes and make up are fantastic!


Sorry, Bria.  Nathan is definitely taller!  The two of them have be vying for the tallest honor, and Nathan has definitely passed her.




I love this picture of a tuckered out little guy after trick-or-treating.


Happy Halloween!!




1 comment:

Kristen Mackrory said...

So many darling Halloween kiddo pictures!