Saturday, September 12, 2020

COVID Project: The Bookshelf

 A project I have wanted to complete during the pandemic is cleaning the downstairs bookshelf.  It was a mess.  I had books stuffed in everywhere and the floor in front of the shelf had piles of books that wouldn't fit.  We simply had too many books, and I needed to purge the shelves.   The shelf is in three sections.  I finally got the left section done.  It is where most of the fiction and  a lot of the non-fiction books are, as well as all of the young adult and children's books.  The right side is full of  reference and church books.  The middle has decorations and books that didn't fit elsewhere- the overflow!

This isn't really a before shot, but a during shot.  It isn't even when it was at it's worst.  It was such a mess down there.  Well, it still is, but it's a bit better now.


This is the "After" shot of the left side.  


Notice the box of books on the left.  I have three boxes that are full of books I'm getting rid of.  I have made a word document with all of their titles.  I'm hoping to get this to my daughters and that they will want some of them. The rest will go to DI.  It is hard for me to give books away.  I love to be surrounded by books that I love. It makes me happy. If you look to the right on this blog, you will see that I have reviewed 228 books on this blog . . .and counting.  I love books.  But we just couldn't store them all. 
I am now cleaning the rest of the shelves and will post the results sometime in the future.  
Cleaning and organizing and purging is hard for me.  But I am determined.  I think I can, I think I can!

No comments: