Saturday, June 9, 2018

The Orphan Keeper

The Orphan KeeperThe Orphan Keeper by Camron Wright

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was an amazing story based on truth. It kept me turning the pages and caused me deep thought. Much like Joseph of the Bible who was sold into Egypt, a little boy is kidnapped in India, sold to an orphanage there and adopted by American parents. I think the objective of the orphanage was two-fold: 1) Rescue children of poverty and give them a better life, and 2) Make money. In their rationalization, one being justification for the other.
Remarkably, much like Joseph, he is able to find his family and help them later in life. But is it worth the price Taj paid? All through his early life, Taj is troubled and unsettled, feeling like he is not home. It is a remarkable and thought-provoking journey. I have to think that Joseph of old must have had similar thoughts and struggles. I recommend this book and look forward to reading others by this author.




View all my reviews

3 comments:

Joan Morris said...

I really liked this book, except for the ending. I think his real life story ending was much better.

Pal & Hatty said...

Thanks foro this review - I need to read this book!

Pam said...

I loved this book, too!