Tuesday, March 27, 2018

The Confession

The ConfessionThe Confession by John Grisham

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


When my husband and I go on road trips we like to listen to a book to keep us awake (Usually works for him; Usually doesn’t work for me. It’s a good thing he does most of the driving!) Grisham is a favorite author for this purpose as his books are suspenseful and engrossing (and our local library has a lot of them). This one was well-read in the recording and certainly was suspenseful. But I have to say that this book was upsetting in many ways. More than once I wanted to turn it off. But we persevered and I think I’m glad we did. Grisham’s theme was over-obvious: Abolish the death penalty! If I had to give this book a one-word label, I think I would choose “thought-provoking.” Is that one word?



View all my reviews

1 comment:

Pal & Hatty said...

It does sound interesting!