Monday, August 8, 2016

A Drive Around Takadate Mountain to Yunohama

Whaat?  Another flower on our blog?  I'm sure you're surprised!  I didn't even know I liked flowers this much.  But they are just overwhelmingly beautiful here.  This one is as big as a plate.
We actually set out to find more lost sheep on our very, very long list.  But we couldn't seem to find anyone at home that day.
All ready to go.
Since we were up on the mountain, Ken suggested we take the long way home and go around the mountain and up the seacoast.  It was a very, very hot and humid day, but in air-conditioned comfort, we did just that.  There were many drive-by shootings that I took out my window of the sea coast.
  

We stopped at a Pagoda- a religious shrine.  Many people flock to the shrines, but that day, there were few people out.  Too hot, I guess!


Part of the ceremony is to wash here before you go in to pray.








The beautiful garden

I don't know much about the religion, but I know they leave offerings to the graven image.



It was an interesting cultural experience, but we were glad to get back in an air conditioned car and home to our air conditioned apartment!



2 comments:

Pam said...

Now that's a good kind of drive-by shooting - such interesting pics. But I could have sworn that those were marshmallows roasting on sticks on the grate. But wait! They would have to be over fire, not water!

Joan Morris said...

So interesting. I remember learning about Pagoda's when I was a little girl. I'd love to see one someday.