Saturday, December 14, 2013

Merry Christmas!


I was in a store this week, doing some Christmas shopping.  As I paid and was gathering my things to leave, I said to the clerk, "Merry Christmas!"  She looked at me surprised and said, "You're the first person to wish me a Merry Christmas this year.  Thank you."   Really?  That really got me thinking.  I've said it dozens of times already- mostly at rest homes and assisted living centers.  As we end our program, we traditionally call out "Merry Christmas" and then as we individually greet the residents, we wish them a merry Christmas. And in wishing it, I am filled with the spirit of Christmas.  I truly wish them the peace and joy this season can bring.  I realized what a blessing it is to me to simply say "Merry Christmas!" so often.
  So, in case no one's said it to you yet this year:

5 comments:

Joan Morris said...

Merry Christmas to you!!!

Pal & Hatty said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! (auf Deutsch)- Frohe Weihnachten! (по российсским) C Рождеством!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to you!

Kristen Mackrory said...

So true! I've never thought about it, but it does bring peace and joy simply in saying those words. Merry Christmas Mom!!

Michelle said...

You never know who you can lift by such a simple act. Sweet story.