Wednesday, November 13, 2013

My Favorite Things- Frog Trouble

Though they all live far away, we've been blessed to see all of our grandchildren in the past month.  I gave each of the families this book/ CD as we've seen them.  I am a Sandra Boynton fan.  She writes and illustrates the cutest children's stories AND she writes music for children.  This book/ CD consists of some great songs that really appeal to children.  She has fabulous Nashville guest artists perform the songs on the CD and they are so well done.  I love  "Alligator Stroll."  The book teaches you how to do this simple line dance to the music.  I also love " Broken Piano" performed by Ben Folds (I'm a Ben Folds fan.  He is such a great musician.)  Blues-style "The Heartache Song" is another favorite as it so captures the heartaches of children.  It starts "They make me clean up my room . .. "  It was fun to sing and dance to these wonderful songs with my grandchildren(ages 2-8).  Each quickly developed a favorite song on the cd.  It was amazing how fast they knew their favorite.
Brielle, age 8 likes "The Heartache Song" the best.
Nathan, age 6 LOVES "Trucks."  He knows every word of the chorus and sings it will all his little heart.  It is so dang cute.
Gabbi, age 4 also has memorized every word of her favorite, "Copycat."  She had it completely memorized before she asked her mom, "What's a copycat?"  I hope Michelle's answer was, "What's a copycat?"
Caleb, age 3 loves "Trucks" and "Alligator Stroll."  He's intrigued with the picture of that one because with all of the alligators, there is one lone chicken.  He says he wants to be the chicken.
Jacob, age 3 fell in love with "Frog Trouble" the first time he heard it.  As soon as we'd get in the car, he'd ask for "Frog Trouble."  Frog trouble, bad, bad.   He also loves "Broken Piano."
Cute Lily, age 2, is so very polite.  When she gets in the car, she gently asks, "How 'bout we listen to to the Truck song.?"  When Mommy doesn't respond, she asks just a little louder, "How about we listen to the Truck song?"
And Jaron, age two, loves to look at the pictures in the book.  "They have a guitar."  He says over and over.  His dad has one, so he knows what that is.  "Trucks.  They driving, Mommy.  They going."
To hear short clips of the songs, click here.  You can order this great collection here.

Sandra Boynton's "Frog Trouble"- one of my favorite things!

To view more of my favorite things, click here.

3 comments:

Joan Morris said...

You sold me!

Kristen Mackrory said...

Trucks seems to be the overall favorite. You forgot to put my favorite! Probably because I can't choose. The whole CD is so fun. I do love the Baby song though...might have something to do with what was going on at our house when you gave us this wonderful gift. Thank you for introducing out children to wonderful music.

Pam said...

I just listened to the samples of the songs - darling! I loved hearing about each grandkids' favorites! You're an awesome grandma, Kay!