Thursday, December 1, 2011

What Did the Prophet Ask Us to Do?

After each general conference, I scour through the prophet's talks and make a list of those things our prophet has asked us to DO. I then share this list with those I visit teach and post it on our fridge to remind us. (To see past lists, click here) This time, the list is very short. But as I analyze it, most of the things that are most important in life are on the list. I am grateful for a prophet of God.

What Did the Prophet Ask Us To Do?

October General Conference, 2011

Saturday Morning As We Meet Again

Any who might wish to do so, can contribute to the General Temple Patron Assistance Fund. (This fund assists those who need it to attend the temple the first time)

Priesthood Session Dare to Stand Alone

Read the Book of Mormon; Ponder it’s teachings. Ask Heavenly Father if it is true.

Honor the priesthood; Be true to the trust which was conveyed when it was conferred.

Know what you believe.

Be courageous and prepared to stand for what you believe. If you must stand alone, do so courageously.

Sunday Morning Session Stand in Holy Places

Reject anything that does not conform to our standards.

Develop a relationship with your Heavenly Father.

Communicate with Heavenly Father.

Sunday Afternoon Session Until We Meet Again

Show increased kindness one toward another.

May we ever be found doing the work of the Lord.

Constantly nourish your testimony.

4 comments:

Kristen Mackrory said...

I was just wishing I had this 2 days ago! I guess I could (and probably should) do it myself, but I always look forward to this from you. Thank you for doing it. It really is what really matters. Up on the fridge it goes.

PS I love your new header and the music. So happy!

Joan Morris said...

I just printed it out. Thanks for doing this. I look forward to it every six months.

sara cardon said...

I know my mom also prints it off and posts it on the fridge. What a way to feast on the words from conference!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Kay this will sound dumb but I need to read through the Ensign and study the talks like you do! Have you always done that or did you start it recently? I already know the answer and that is why you were the RS pres! Maybe I will keep with my wicked ways in the hopes that I can stay primary teacher and what not! I really am on the same level as those kids anyway!