Monday, March 21, 2011

My Favorite Things- Lip Gloss!

Hello. My Name is Kay and I'm a Lip Glossaholic. I LOVE lip gloss. I can trace my addiction back to the Christmas my mom, errrr Santa Claus, gave me one of these in my stocking:
I think it was actually strawberry flavored- that first one. I was probably in my early or maybe even pre- teens. I loved it. I kept it on my nightstand and used it every night. Check my nightstand any time between then and now, and you'll see a pot or tube - or two or three - of lip gloss. I put it on every night right before I go to sleep. I never leave the house without putting some on (even if I'm just going to the gym.) I have it in my purse, in my car, in my make up bag, in drawers, everywhere I think I might go. I have a whole bowl of it on my dresser. I love lip gloss. These are just a few of my favorites: I love all of the brands pictured, but I really think Bonnie Belle still makes one of the best(though Gap is a close second.) I love flavored and unflavored, scented and unscented, tinted and plain, pots and tubes and squirts. I love it all. You know how there's often a display of lip gloss at the checkout counter of stores? That's because of me. Marketers know I'm coming, and they know I can't resist. I'm sure my daughters wonder why they got and get lip gloss in every Easter basket and stocking and birthday gift. Trace it back to that Christmas stocking of long ago. To me, lip gloss means love. It means happiness. It means severe addiction. But it's an addiction I'm not even trying to break! Lip Gloss- one of my favorite things!

5 comments:

Joan Morris said...

I remember your obsession with Bonny Bell lip gloss. Cute post.

Shonna said...

So true! I have taken up your tradition as well, and I get so frustrated when I switch purses and there isn't a lip gloss in the new one. I usually keep each purse stocked w/ a lip gloss, but occasionally find one w/o. It's also hard when I'm on a trip and I don't have my usual 3 or 4 lip glosses by my bed. Now that I think about it I do it w/ lotion too. Did you teach me that one as well. I always put lotion on before bed.

Michelle said...

Ha ha! I love you, Mom!

Kristen Mackrory said...

I LOVE this insight into you. I know you love lip gloss but I love to know the background on it. Keep these favorite things coming. I love learning more about you through them.

By the way, Brielle is your granddaughter FOR SURE!

Pal & Hatty said...

What a fun post! I will definitely have to try the Bonnie Bell lip gloss!