Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Idol 3

That's right- two reviewers tonight: Me and Brielle. Brielle didn't have a lot to say, but her two comments have value, I think. The first was after Casey's first performance: "I thought it was quite funny." Her other comment was after Lee's "Hallelujah" "Why do they keep clapping and clapping so loud?" (She was very tired by then.) The rest is up to me, I guess.
3rd: Casey. Obviously, the judges think he's going, and were trying to direct us that way. Randy's oopsie slipsy comment, "This is the kind of music you should do as you leave the show" was, well, an oopsie slipsy comment. I kind of liked Casey's first song. It was "okay and alright with me." Casey needs to learn to sing on his air and improve his diction. Just sayin.
2nd: Crystal. Again, I'm right with the judges on who took 2nd place. I wasn't crazy about her "shouty" tone on her choice song, and agreed the arrangement was bigger than she was. I really didn't think she did great on the 2nd song, either. She looked SO uncomfortable without her guitar and had a seriously flat time. I was a little uncomfortable with the "man" lyrics, but that wasn't her fault- it was the song she was assigned. But she did wail good.
1st. Lee. He was a breath of fresh air from the first note of "Simple Man" Man, he sounded good tonight. I also loved "Hallelujah" I even voted. Should be a Lee/Crystal finale, but I've been wrong before. I won't be here again next week, so . . .until next year!!!

5 comments:

triciathomas said...

Kay it's the finale and you leave us hangin'? I hope Crystal goes she's on my last nerve! I hope Lee wins I will leave it at that because this entire season I have been under impressed!!!!

Joan Morris said...

I think maybe Brielle should replace you as reviewer next week. Her comments were very insightful :) It bothered me last night how the judges were "pimping" for a Crystal and Lee finale (even though I agree Casey should go). I was underwhelmed by all the performances and didn't think "Hallelujah" was the "moment" the judges seemed to think it was. Sorry American Idol, your show and contestants just are't as good this year.

Jessica said...

I also think Casey should go but was underwhelmed with Crystal and Lee (Hallelujah was just alright). But I still want Lee to win it all. Kay, we need you next week!

Michelle said...

I can totally picture Brielle making both those comments. You are the best reviewer ever, Mom. I value your opinion about ten times more than any of those OTHER judges.

Carina said...

Loved the guest reviewer, Brielle is so cute.