Just Listen to
Those Beautiful High Tones
I share this story to illustrate how impactful our words can be on
others. When I was in high school, I was
in the Madrigal choir. I was in the
choir as an alto. One day I was singing
for my teacher, Mr. Condon. He had me
sing higher and higher. He stopped me
and said, “I think you might be a soprano, Kay.” He tested me further and seemed delighted
with his discovery. Shortly thereafter
he gave me a soprano solo in one of our songs (Crescent Noon.) As I sang it for the first time in rehearsal,
he said to the group, “Just listen to those beautiful high tones.” My spirit soared.
Those seven words have made a huge difference in my life. From then on, I started singing soprano. His words gave me courage to audition for
parts and choirs, and to continue singing.
Singing still brings me so much joy.
It didn’t take much effort for him to say those words, but, to me they
have made all the difference.
Use your words to build others.
You may make all the difference in their lives.

No comments:
Post a Comment