Saturday, December 4, 2021

Backfire!

 The other day, I was finishing preparing my lunch and Ken was finishing up his exercises, preparing to take a nap.  The doorbell rang.  It was our five-year-old neighbor boy with a bouquet of flowers- flowers he had picked from our yard.  Ken thanked him.  A minute later, the bell rang again.  More flowers.  A minute later, the bell rang again.  This time I answered.  Yep, more flowers.  I thanked him and told him that that is all we needed- that we had a lovely bouquet and didn't need any more.  He said, "No, I am bringing more."  Sure enough, a minute later, the doorbell rang again.  Ken answered.  But this time, there were no flowers.

Just a cute, homemade turkey.

Ken thanked him.  Then Ken told him that he was going to take a nap now.  So the next one that rang our doorbell would have to take a nap with him.   This always works with our grandkids. Unexpectedly, the little guy leaped for joy with his hands up.  "YEA!"  That caught Ken off guard.  "You want to take a nap with me?"  "Yes!!"  What a surprise!
The next day, Ken went outside and the little guy asked him if he could take a nap with him.  Ken quizzed him and he reaffirmed that he loves taking naps.  He has asked when he can take a nap with Ken many times since!  I guess you would call that a backfire!

No comments: