Saturday, September 1, 2018

The Rent Collector

The Rent CollectorThe Rent Collector by Camron Wright

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I loved this book. It introduced and immersed me in foreign land and culture where everything is different than my life. Everything except the human emotions and desires and all that is really important. Those seem to be the same in all human beings in every land and circumstance. The book’s theme of the importance of literacy is one of my core values. The story resonated truth to me, and had me cheering for Sang Ly, encouraging her in her pursuit to change her and her family’s life. But this book is so much more than just a statement on the importance of literacy. It is about forgiveness and redemption and human suffering and love. The ending is especially good. I think this book is a wonderful choice for a book club to read. There is so very much to discuss.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

Pam said...

You have inspired me to read this, Kay! I have this on my iPad book shelf and will now read this next.

Joan Morris said...

I loved this book even more than the Orphan Keeper but that is also good.