Thursday, December 4, 2014

Garlic and Sapphires

Garlic and Sapphires: The Secret Life of a Critic in DisguiseGarlic and Sapphires: The Secret Life of a Critic in Disguise by Ruth Reichl

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I absolutely loved this book. It’s Ruth Reichl’s experiences as The New York Times restaurant critic. I loved reading about her disguises and how each revealed different parts of her personality. I loved reading about fine dining in New York City and all of the delicious and fancy dishes. I was fascinated with the restaurant culture and how differently she was treated, depending on her disguise. The book even contains recipes that I’m anxious to try. I read this while on a cruise, so the timing was perfect. She would describe a dish and then I’d get to try it! The author has written several books and I can’t wait to read more.



View all my reviews

No comments: