Sunday, April 14, 2019

Such a Happy Find!

This is our granddaughter, Gabriella (she is Michelle and Brian's oldest.)  She is a joy!  She gave me a very nice surprise the other day:  I try to work on family history at least a little every day.  Ken and I went to the temple to do sealings on Friday.  A few days later I was doing what I always do after all the ordinances are performed for an individual- I check their parents, siblings, and children to see if anyone else needs ordinances done. Among those we sealed, we had sealed an Ann Hope to her parents.  Ann is from my Grandma Fox's line.  I opened her sister Frances' record and found that Gabbi had found  her and printed her ordinance card!   This little nine-year-old has taught herself how to do family history work.  She finds ancestors needing ordinances and prints them and leaves them where her parents will find them to do the temple work.  It was such a sweet thing to find her name in my searchings!  Thanks for the sweet surprise Gabbi!  I love you!
PS:  Brielle and Nathan (Kristen's two oldest) also do family history work regularly and have found many names.  I used to supply their family with name cards, but now they pretty much take care of themselves.

When Elder Bednar came here recently, he said that the fastest-growing group of people who do family history work right now in the church is children, ages 8-11.  That certainly is true in my family!

3 comments:

Joan Morris said...

How wonderful! Great job Gabbie!

Michelle said...

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Kristen Mackrory said...

That IS a happy surprise ! I love that girl!!