Monday, October 14, 2024

A Night to Remember

 

A Night to RememberA Night to Remember by Walter Lord
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is an accounting of the night the Titanic sank. It was published in 1955 and contains first person interviews of over 60 people that were involved in that tragedy. The author takes us through that fateful night in a minute-by-minute account, using quotes from those survivors. It is a sad story, but for some reason, I am so interested in it. I have been to Titanic museums in Belfast, Ireland and Halifax, Nova Scotia and read, I think, three books about it. This one tells about the rescue of the survivors and the aftermath of the tragedy, which I hadn’t learned much about before. It is a terrible tragedy in the world’s history.

View all my reviews

No comments: