Sunday, August 30, 2026

My Name is Lucy Barton (#1)

 

My Name Is Lucy Barton (Amgash, #1)My Name Is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Modern Fiction Audiobook
I may have found another favorite author. I loved this story and her writing. It is a lot like Ann Tyler’s. This was a simple story. It was told subtly; yet so profoundly. Even someone from a completely dysfunctional family. Maybe ESPECIALLY someone from a dysfunctional family, longs for the love and acceptance of her mother.
This was beautifully read in the audio version.
I will be looking for more Strout books. I understand that this book is the first of a series. I did not know that when I read it. I usually am not a fan of series (they are so confining,) but I will probably make an exception in this case. 5 stars.


View all my reviews

No comments: