Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Olivetti

 

OlivettiOlivetti by Allie Millington
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This sweet novel utilizes a writing technique that I love. I first was introduced to this technique when I read “Hitty, Her First Hundred Years” years ago. It was a story told by a chair. I loved the idea that a chair could tell all she hears and sees through the years. Using personification, an object tells the story. Olivetti is a typewriter. She, and Ernest (a boy in the family) takes turns telling the story from their perspective. It is cleverly written with interesting characters who, together, solve a mystery and mend their family with great help from Olivetti who they discover can communicate with them. Who knew a typewriter has feelings? Anyone who has read this book does!

View all my reviews

No comments: