Sunday, March 3, 2024

My New Best Friend

 Meet Lainey.  She is my new best friend.  Well, not really but she HAS made a big difference in my life.  She is the new Aquatics manager at the Fitness Center that I go to.  I have gone there since 2008 because of the pools.  I used to always go to the indoor pool, but they filled that in. and made it a weight room.  I, and so many others, were so sad.  So, I kept going to the outdoor pool, but it was not well maintained.  Algae was growing in it and in the winter it was just TOO COLD.  It took all of my courage to get in that cold water, and frankly, I didn't go as often as I should. I had decided I would have to find another pool in town (or dig one in my back yard!)

 But recently they hired Lainey as the new Aquatics Manager.  She got the pool all cleaned up with a robotic vacuum.  She keeps the temperature at 83, at least.  She has cleaned up the hot tub and keeps it at 104.  She ordered new, sturdy plastic chairs.  She has made the pool and pool area such a pleasant place to be.  I can now swim year-round again.  I so appreciate her efforts.  It makes going to the pool year-round a pleasure.  Thank you, Lainey!


No comments: