Wednesday, September 30, 2020

COVID Hair

For many, many years, I have had my hair cut once a month. Without fail.  Every month.  Sometimes I even scheduled it for three weeks.  My hair grows fast.  So after getting it cut by Cami, my hairdresser, each month,  I would pay her and schedule the next appointment.  For years, I have done it this way.  My last haircut was on March 18th, 2020.  It was actually the last thing I did before we locked down and stayed at home.   So, my hair has been growing for over six months.  Growing and growing.  I looked through and found some pictures of myself during this time of COVID.

May:


June:
When we went to our reunion in June, my daughter, Kristen trimmed my bangs for me the morning of our family pictures.  




July:





August

These pictures were after I spent considerable time "doing" it.  Since I'm not really going anywhere these days, I usually wash it every morning and just brush it and that's good enough. I quite like it longer when I do it. I did order some left-handed hair cutting scissors and have cut my bangs a couple of times.  I'm getting better.  I have watched several videos on how to cut your own bangs and hair.  I just may give the rest of my hair a try.  I'll keep you informed.  

Ken's is also getting pretty long.  He did get it cut once by a retired barber in our ward (Lee) who did it in his home.  It's time for him to go back.  Or I need to order clippers.  We used to have clippers and I cut his hair.  I really didn't like doing it, so as soon as we could afford it, I gave the clippers away and he has gone to a barber since.  But now it would be nice to have clippers and I could brush up on how to on Pinterest.
September:
 He went back to Lee.  Lee does such a nice job.
September:

  I guess this is a post that could just keep going, month after month, for who knows how long?  But I'll post it now.  Maybe I'll keep taking monthly pictures and see how long it gets.  Or maybe I'll try cutting it myself.  Or maybe I'll go to Lee.  Or maybe I'll quit worrying about my hair and do something more important.  Stay tuned. . .

1 comment:

Pam said...

Kay, I think your hair looks cute like that, especially that last picture. You have such pretty hair. I have had mine cut and colored twice, and, each time, it was traumatic in the salon. They just weren't as careful as I thought they should be with masks, etc. I constantly cut my bangs and have trimmed it in front - the back is funny, but, on zoom, who sees it, right?