Monday, November 14, 2016

Japanese Photography Exhibit

Ken and I have always enjoyed visiting photography art museums.  When we travel, we look for them.  We both love excellent photography.  So, we were excited when one of our friends from the Volunteer Center- Yoko- invited us to come to a photography exhibit at the Tsuruoka Arts Center.  Her photos of Tsuruoka's fireworks were going to be displayed. 
Here are some of her beautiful fireworks photographs. 



You can see booths in the bottom of some of the photos.  These are booths selling foods and wares at the fireworks display.  Having those in the pictures mark them as Tsuruoka fireworks. 



She is a delightful and talented lady.  She has many other talents as well.  She has also been chosen to display three of her photos at the Shonai airport at New Year's.  This is a big honor.  I gave her my opinion on which three to display. 
Here are some of the other photos we liked:
Autumn here is unbelievably gorgeous.


Of all the photos we saw that day, this may be my favorite (other than our friend's, of course)  The thick carpet of leaves is just mesmerizing to me.

Another of the photographers was inspired by the famous Japanese photographer that photographs Japan's trains. 

This is also one of my favorites.




Hydrangea

Wisteria

It was a beautiful autumn day outside, so we took some pictures.




When we were out there, a lady came that Elder Hinton visited with when he was on the mountain for a morning walk a few days before.  He actually taught her some about our church and beliefs.  She was delighted to see him.  She asked me to take a photo of them together.  Right while I was photographing them (Ken told me later), she patted him on the behind!!!!  What?  What a character!  Believe me, that is NOT typical Japanese behavior!   We've laughed and laughed about that!

3 comments:

Ada said...

My favorite is the one you chose as your header! Fall looks good on you!

Pam said...

That is some gorgeous photography!.Such talent! That's so cool that you have been able to meet so many interesting and talented peolple. I don't know if I could even pick favorites!

Joan Morris said...

I love how the Japanese photographers and people find such beauty in nature. Those mums are beautiful and I too remember the Homecoming mums. I love all the photography and that is hilarious that Ken got a pat on the bum.