Friday, January 15, 2010

The Pink Bracelet

I am a sparkly pink bracelet. My first memory is of being in little shop in Hawaii with other bracelets similar to me of different colors: green, blue, yellow. There were other pink ones, but one by one they left until I was the only pink one left. One day, a beautiful girl picked me and looked at me. She seemed very excited about me and called, “Shonna, come see these.” She had me and a green one like me in her hand. Shonna also loved me. She wanted me, too. They asked the clerk if there were any more pink ones like me. But I was the last one. So Shonna bought a green one and Kristen bought me and another green one. And I went to live in Idaho Falls, Idaho. I was worn frequently. Baby Nathan loved to suck on me and play with me (and I liked that, too). Soon thereafter I moved to Utah and was worn there a lot, too. Then, last Christmas, I was put in a bag with lots of other jewelry. We went to St. George. One day, while everyone was upstairs, Kristen came to get me. She quietly went into the room where Blake and Shonna were staying and put me in Blake’s backpack. I rode in there back to Ohio. One day, Blake discovered me in there and showed Shonna. Shonna started to cry. Then I was worn frequently in Ohio. I liked Ohio and enjoyed being on Shonna’s wrist. Then one day, I was delighted to hear Kristen’s voice. They had come to visit Shonna in Ohio. As I listened to the talk, I understood that they were headed to Wisconsin for the summer. One day, I was just chillin with the other jewelry in the jewelry box, when Shonna came to get me. She snuck into where Kristen was staying and slipped me into a box with lots of little minty, pink tablets. Soon, I was in a car, headed to Wisconsin. One day, when Kristen’s tummy was upset, she opened the box. Why does everyone cry when they see me? I then was worn frequently in Wisconsin. After a long trip, I am now back in Utah. But I hear rumblings that I may be on my way back to Ohio? Maybe baby Caleb will like me, too. I have a feeling my story is only beginning . . .

7 comments:

Joan Morris said...

Cute story. What sweet, thoughtful girls you have.

Kristen Mackrory said...

I love the personified bracelet speaking. You are a great writer Mom.

Blake said...

I feel like I've heard this story before...but you tell it much better Mom!

Michelle said...

Cute. I've seen the bracelet, but I didn't know all that!

sara cardon said...

What a fun story! That will be a cherished heirloom for everyone down the line. SO happy to get all of the wonderful updates about little Caleb!! He looks great!

Sarah said...

What a sweet little story. How fun a little bracelet can be used to love between sisters.

Accalia said...

That made me cry. Your daughters are such an example of love and friendship!